the intimate bathing meme;
Grooming is an important part of many species' rituals. It keeps them clean, healthy, and content. And a good bath? It can change the whole tone of a day from terrible to relaxed and blissful.
But nudity is sometimes viewed as a weakness - and it is almost always sexualized - so bathing is often kept a private matter. If you do share these moments with someone, they're almost always a significant other or a sexual partner.
Like you're doing now.
Whether it be after a battle or after sex (or before sex, even), the two of you are going to get clean. Be sure to help each other out with that, won't you? After all, there are places on the back that just can't be reached...
HOW TO PLAY:
- Toplevel with your character's name/series, and if you have a preference for whether they're the comforter or the one having the nightmares.
- Reply to people.
- Make the fluff.
Who doesn’t love the water?
(It’s fine if you don’t.)
( images in description! )
- Meme Rules Apply:
- Choose from the options above, or make up your own. Link images for extra immersion if you like!
- Indicate preferences in your post for setting, shipping, style, etc.
- Tag each other. The water’s fine!
Somewhere further than making out yet not quite going all the way, "fooling around" is a time honored tradition. It's easy, low-pressure, and there are no real parameters - above the clothes or not. Sound good? Maybe you're young and want to try but not commit to anything too carnal. Similarly, you could want to explore somebody's, well, body because they're so different than you. There's also the possibility that you want to make them happy or see how they react to feeling beyond great. Could it be that you're a tease, even?
Or you could just be bored. There's nothing on TV, anyway.
a romantic relationship between two people who live far apart and so are unable to meet on a frequent basis.
What to do if the person you're with...isn't with you? They could be living a town over, across the world, or even across the universe. However, living with you may not be off the table for them; instead, it possibly could be a time to time affair. Most of the time, though, they're off somewhere else and quite busy: working hard to advance their career, playing with their band, leading a revolution, whatever their passion of choice may be. You've come to terms with the distance between you, no matter its origin. And on that note, you're determined to do your best and make this work, despite how much you have to rely on any sort of communication aside from face to face.
Of course, what this all means is that you've got to make up for lost time and make every second you do have when they drop by count. What exactly that entails is up to you. Romance? Fun? Sex? Just being close or hanging out together? In your almost constantly parallel lives, any intersection is good enough.
Hell, if you don't, feel free to tell that person: no, I would not.
No guarantees can be made!
- Post with your character. Include name, series, and any preferences in the subject line.
- Other characters are gonna reply and confess whether or not they'd hit dat.
- Play out the reactions. Add in a setting! Take it to a room. Whatever you'd like.
- Tag around.
- Have fun and be excellent to each other!
The world's an imperfect, chaotic place. Plans change, empires crumble, and screws fall loose all the time. In this life, there's nothing that can truly be controlled or shaped perfectly by your own hands. It's better to just accept it and move on.
Or is it?
Today, the multiverse has given a select few the choice. They now have the means (if they didn't before) to control someone, mentally and physically, and rebuild them from the ground up. Magic, science, medicine, mind control, whatever they need, they now have access to. For some, this may be incredibly appealing. Others may need a little...push, but soon enough, they'll feel the urge to completely break someone just to rebuild them. As for the rest of the populace? They're the targets.
Given the nature of the environment, the drive will for sexual manipulation, and that may require some tinkering with morals, tastes, and intelligence. Usually, this would be beyond the realm of possibility, but here and now? There are many flavors of mental transformation, so creativity reigns supreme.
( Read more... )
I don't have a list of changes for you yet, but most will fall into the following categories: things users have complained about to support volunteers, things support volunteers have complained about to developers, things denise has complained about not working the way she expects them to (and as we all know, The Boss is Always Right), and things that were printing warnings over and over in the production server logs, making it hard to spot when less frequent, more urgent errors were being printed. Oh, and also all the unused code I ripped out at the roots, which if you notice that, I did it wrong.
To sum up: we are rolling out a bunch of requested changes, so thank you all for your feedback!
If you're new to Dreamwidth and interested in tracking our development process, our commit logs are published to changelog and changelog_digest, and every month or so, one of our volunteers will translate those often-cryptic entries into witty, informative code tours! The most recent one was published on April 1, so we're about due for a new one. Hint, hint.
We'll update here again to let you know when the code push is imminent!
(Smutty) Prom (AU) Meme
Maybe you've been dreaming about this night all year, or maybe you made a last minute dash to the dress shop or tux rental; either way, TONIGHT IS THE NIGHT! It's your senior prom!
The event is being held in the ballroom of a lovely hotel, festively decorated with colorful lights, streamers, balloons, and every other decoration you can imagine while a DJ spins all the hottest songs and takes the occasional request. There's also a refreshments table for your enjoyment with a large
Couples swept away by the magic will find many options for gaining some ~alone time~. There are many rooms, with less fancy accommodations on the lower floors and more luxurious suites on the upper ones. For less inhibited, the sprawling gardens have several hidden nooks to steal away to. And there's always the parking lot.
Not that we approve of any such behavior, of course.
Will tonight be the time you at long last confess your love to the one you've thought was ~so dreamy~ over these last four years? Will your sweetheart finally be ready to go all the way? (If they haven't before...) Will you dance the night away or step all over your date's feet? But most importantly, will some ho show up wearing the same dress?!
No matter what, have a great time, kids!
- Comment with your character, prefs, etc. This doesn't have to be a smutty meme;
you can do regular shippy or gen shit too idec just fucking put your prefs in the top level.
- Age down your character? Age them up? Again, idec.
- Reply to others and thread.
CON PERSON/GRIFTER MEME
It's a seductive sort of trade. Trick people for a living. Put on your best charming face and rob them blind. Use your skills to steal art, money, never have to worry about your livelihood. Evade being caught, live the thrill of knowing you're in a precarious place, a hair's breadth from ruin. You can handle it. Are you an unrepentant crook or are you a reformed thief? Essentially: are you a threat or benevolent benefactor? You steal from the rich but do you keep it for yourself or give to the poor? Not all grifters can be emotionless monsters, after all.
You enter the elevator with only one other person on it. Twenty seconds into the ride and it stops. The power is out. The doors won't open, you're between floors, and no one is answering your calls. You're stuck with this person for an unknown amount of time.
①Post your character.
②Post to other characters.
③Have fun, anything goes.
|There's nothing in this world quite like a true, blue best friend that you can rely on. They've been with you through thick and thin, good and bad. You want to have fun? They're the first person you look for, because they always know how to bring the best out in you. You need a shoulder to cry on? Don't worry, they're already here. You need to bury a body? ...you should probably reconsider your priorities, but you know your best friend will be there with a shovel and a smile. You'd never ruin this friendship for ANYTHING in the world.
Something's brewing that may do just that, though. One of you has feelings, has for a long time, and that spells trouble. Unless you keep that to yourself and remain platonic, of course. Repression in this case might be a good thing.
Only it's too late. The cat's out of the bag, whether it's by confession or by accident. What to do, what to do? If feelings aren't returned, can you turn down a friend, or will you force something that isn't there just to make them happy? If feelings are returned, will you risk changing the perfect thing you have?
There's no one night stands here. The two of you have been involved in a relationship - what manner and definition, of course, is subjective - for a substantial (again, subjective and dependent on you) amount of time. But for whatever reasons, purposeful or not, you haven't had sex. Regardless of how that makes you feel, it changes tonight. You're taking that HUGE step and are going to sleep together. Finally, you may say. Or are you nervous, because maybe you haven't done this before and this could change everything? Are you suitably aroused? Suitably scared-oused? Ready to show them how much you love them?
Who knows, you may just be ready so sexually frustrated that you're ready to screw their brains out and break this vow of chastity that's been hanging around your little twosome. Anyway, ready or not, here you come.
|Most societies have certain mores that are unspoken rules; humanity itself even has such conventions, grilled subconsciously into our minds for our own safety. Don't go out alone at night. Avoid getting wet when it's cold. Don't pick fights with those stronger than you...okay, some of us missed the boat on the last one, but the point still stands. Society's rules tend to be more variable, though they apply to most aspects of life - including sex. In fact, bending the rules on what's considered acceptable in romance and sexual encounters can lead to anything from ostracization to death, depending on the time and culture.|
So, play it close to the chest if you're going to do a big, big, big t a b o o. Is it worth the risk?
- Comment with your character and preferences. Be sure to include what you want and what you DON'T WANT. Blank comments are fine; info is even better!
( trigger warning )
The Swear Myself to You (Shipping + Smut) Meme
It's been like this your entire life. Or perhaps it just seems that way, since it's been this way so long. Or it could hasn't been that long, and you remember what things were like before - worthless, fruitless, purposeless. Now, though, all is different. You've sworn your life to someone...or had your life sworn to them by someone else, back when you were young or powerless enough to not control your life. It doesn't matter if this swearing is an expected part of your society or an oddity in a modern age, here you are, and you know what you're here for. This isn't servitude, not in a fashion, as there's theoretically an honor here in your absolute loyalty. You are essentially on your "sworn duty's" level, you've just, well, chosen to dedicate your life to them. So if you're their best or brainwashed into being their right hand, all of it comes from a place of admiration!
Your position, of course, means you're a tool to be used, and every job needs a different tool. What's your job? Were you raised from an infant be be a constant companion for the one you're sworn to, who you grew up with? Instead, you could be a bodyguard or a first line of defense. In some cultures, there's an expectation that people be good in bed for future spouses; you could be there to train the one you're sworn to in the art of lovemaking. Of course, how well you're able to do your job depends on how your relationship is with your most important person. Are they kind? Cruel? What if they don't want you? It will be incredibly awkward if neither of you want to be in this position.
One certainty is this, however: romance and sexuality, unless heavily controlled, is forbidden. After all, how can you effectively dedicate yourself to them if some part of you wants them to dedicate themself to you?
How to Play
- Comment with your character, your preferences, and what side of the equation you'd prefer to play - the being sworn to or the one doing said swearing. There are also three settings available: old fashion, modern, and future. You may want to specify which one of those you'd like, if you have a strong opinion.
- Reply to others.
- Use the RNG to determine your scenario.
- Old Fashion: In the days of yore, be it ancient, medieval, or pseudo-Victorian - or altogether fantastical.
- Modern: The here and now, where swearing to someone is pretty rare.
- Future: Years from now, who knows what strange alien cultures and technologies we'll have to abide by?
- From Birth: You two were raised together, as one of you was given as a baby. There's no one who knows the other better than you.
- BFFs: You are intended to be their lifetime companion...platonically, of course.
- Repayment: You owe your life to them in one way or another. Devotion is the least you can do.
- Out of Love: The reason you swore yourself to them is because you love them and this is the best way to be close to them, even if you have to sacrifice other things.
- Unwilling Charge: Can you swear yourself to someone who doesn't want you?
- Spoils of War: Being here and swearing allegiance isn't your idea, but when you or your people are defeated in battle, there's not much else you can do.
- Ward: Perhaps you weren't there as an infant, but you did grow up in the family from a young age. They may be like a sibling to you. Would you be able to view them in any other way?
- Marriage: ...a marriage is sort of a swearing, isn't it?
- Mind Control: You need to be more pliable and loyal to be any good, servant.
- Familiar: You were created through magic just for them.
- Guard: Focus. You have to protect them, and you can't if you're distracted.
- Eunuch: You're supposed to be completely chaste and celibate, or at least that's what they and those around them think.
- To Teach: Your charge is going to be married, and you have to teach them how to please a future spouse.
- Jealousy: You know you're not supposed to be
- More than One: Someone else has sworn themselves to your charge...you were here first!
- More than This: You want to be more to them than just a glorified servant.
- Unwilling Charge: They don't want you, but you have to serve them.
- Redemption: This is your way to make up for the sins of your past.
- ...what?: How to you get someone sworn to you again?
- Utter Devotion: There isn't anything you wouldn't do for them. Anything.
- Forbidden: Being with them sexually is a punishable offense for you, but neither of you care.
- Equals: In society, you two are on different levels. In private, you see more eye to eye.
- Not Too Serious: The more crack-y option. They saved you...but it was from something like stubbing your toe. Obviously, you owe yourself to them. Or something.
twitterpated: adj. Smitten or love-struck; romantically infatuated.
Nearly everybody gets twitterpated in the springtime. For example: you're walking along, minding your own business. You're looking neither to the left, nor to the right, when all of a sudden, you run smack into a pretty face. Woo-woo! You begin to get weak in the knees. Your head's in a whirl. And then you feel light as a feather; and before you know it, you're walking on air. And then you know what? You're knocked for a loop, and you completely lose your head!
Fail Sex♦The Meme
While it would be fantastic if it was, not all sex is magical. Sometimes, sex is awkward and funny or just really, really bad. Sometimes people just fail at it and don't know what they're doing! Or something goes wrong and ruins it all.
It's all about how you handle it...
- Post your character's name | series | preferences.
- Not anything you might not be interested in playing out.
- Others go to random.org and role 1-3 for a type of fail, then 1-10 for specifics or make up your own.
- Respect others.
- Have fun!
( many prompts; cut for courtesy! )